Monday, December 8, 2014

Learning to say "No"

Well, I guess I do a great job telling my kids "No".  The rest of the world?  Not so much.  I often have more on my plate than I can handle.

I am grateful today to learn that I have at least taught my eldest daughter when to say "no".  She has a week of play practices, school, a karate test, eye doctor's appointment and at the end of it all she is getting her wisdom teeth pulled (here's hoping her grades don't drop!).  She's an extremely talented sculpture artist, she makes and sells miniatures made from Sculpey Clay.  A friend of mine has asked her to make a couple ornaments for a Christmas present.  It pained her to say "no".  But she did.  She knew if she committed to do them that they would not be her best work, that they'd be rushed just to get done.

I'm proud of her for saying "no" and knowing her limits.

Now, if I could just learn that same lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment